Friday, March 21, 2014

A Mario Party: Cheep Cheep Candy

Here is another Mario inspired treat that I made for a birthday.  They are called Cheep Cheeps, which are fish in the Mario world.

Cheep Cheeps, as you can see, have red bodies, white fins, yellow dorsal and tail fin, a pink mouth and big eyes.
I made these entirely out of Starbursts:
Red and Yellow from the Original
Pink and Yellow (looks white) from the Tropical
*If your candy is hard, just unwrap it and warm it in the microwave on a plate for a few seconds*

I got a Wilton gum paste tool set for Christmas and so I used some of those to help with the fish.  I shaped the body out of the red candy and made it a 3D oval shape.  For the mouth I made little pink balls and made a whole with the small modeling stick from the tool set.  The eyes are a oval that I just pinched together a little in the middle and black food writer pupils.  The Dorsal fin is an oval that I embossed with a shell tool.  The tail fin is a circle that I pinched three points from.  Finally the side fins are ovals with one end being smaller than the other.  The smaller end connects to the fish and I made some lines with the pallet knife in the other side of the oval.  Since it is all the same candy, it stuck together just fine.  If you are having a hard time sticking them together though, a little bit of water will help.  I ate one and loved the combination of flavors!  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment