Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Mario Party: King Bob-omb Candy

Here are some hollow chocolate balls that look like King Bob-omb.  And there is a secret . . . Mini chocolate candies inside!!!

First I melted some black chocolate discs, like the Wilton Brand.  I coated the sides of a silicone cake pop pan with 2 coats, letting it harden between each coat.  Slowly peel the sides of the silicone away from the chocolate.  What I had was a bunch of half circles.

The edges are uneven and the best looking were the ones where I heated a frying pan and evened the edges out.  Another plus is that this make the chocolate melted a bit and sticking the two halves together is easier!  So even the edge of one half circle and then fill it with mini chocolate candies.  Then even the edge of the other half circle and stick it to the first one.  After holding them together for a bit, I then used my finger to smooth where the halves met and it looked perfect!  Then put the candy filled chocolate balls in the fridge to chill.

Now comes the decorating.  I put a dab of melted black chocolate on some wax paper and placed a chocolate ball in it and held it there for 10 seconds.  Now it will not roll around.  I used the yellow candy in the Original Starburst for the crown and the yellow candy in the Tropical Starburst for the eyes, mustache and hands.  The Tropical Starburst yellow is actually white looking when you get the wrapper off.  The stickiness of the Starburst made it stick to the chocolate ball very easily.  I did put some melted chocolate on the bottom of the crown since it was a bigger piece of candy to stick on.  And they are done!

Here is another kind.  I made this the same way, but it is Lakitu's spiny egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment