Friday, October 10, 2014

Xbox Controller Doughnuts


These are doughnuts that look like simple Xbox controllers.
I bought some frozen roll dough.  This kind though, was in a square shape instead of a ball.  When the dough was thawed, I cut out a small rounded triangle from the top and a wide rounded triangle from the bottom.  I made sure the edges were rounded before letting them rise a bit and then fried them in some oil.
I made a simple glaze of milk and powdered sugar.  I put a cooling rack in a big cookie sheet and placed the doughnuts on them.  I Then poured the glaze over the doughnuts.
(You can tell that the glaze is pretty thin.  If you want a whiter looking doughnut, you can put more coats on.)
Before the glaze dried, I placed the "buttons" on.  The A, B, X, and Y buttons are mini M&M's and the other knobs are normal M&M's.  When the glaze dries, they are pretty easy to handle.  Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment