Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Flowers

Here is one of the first cakes I ever made.  It was a cake I made just because I wanted too!

It is a normal cake box mix and canned frosting.  I baked two 9x9 cakes and trimmed one of them down to a 6x6 cake.  I frosted them with white icing and stacked the 6 inch cake on top of the 9 inch cake.  I then took a toothpick and made lines to look like white bricks.  I know it is not the best, but remember, "one of the first cakes I ever made".  I made some frosting flowers on some wax paper and put them in the freezer to harden.  I then tinted some frosting green and used the grass tip to pip grass on the top of both levels.  When the frosting flowers were hard, I just carefully picked them up and put them on the cake.  I liked that I could make flowers out of soft frosting that tasted good, but then be able to pick them up with my hands and arrange them on the cake.  And there you have it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment