Thursday, February 13, 2014

Candy Rosebuds

So it is that time of year for Valentine's Day Parties.  I like to do something special for my children's teachers.  They are amazing people who help my children so much!  So this year I made Candy Rosebud Bouquets.

 
You will need:
Glad Red Saran Wrap
Hugs and/or Kisses
Green Pipe Cleaners
Tape
Ribbon
Valentine's Day Note
Hole Punch
Scissors
 
I used one Hug and Kiss in each flower (So when I type "Kiss" I mean any Kiss like candy).  To make it easier, I put a piece of tape on the bottom of one Kiss and stuck it to the bottom of the other Kiss.
 
I used the Glad Red Saran Wrap from Christmas.  I pulled it out a piece of about 4 inches.  Then Cut that into 3 pieces.
 
I did not do this, but you can tape the pipe cleaner to the bottom half of the candy rosebud. 
 
I am left handed, so that is how I will explain this next part.  Next you will place the point of the candy rosebud in middle of the Saran Wrap and the hold it by that same point with your right hand.  With your left hand get the pipe cleaner and hold it against the bottom half.  While holding the bottom bring your right hand down the candy to cover it with the saran wrap.  When your right hand reaches the pipe cleaner, hold it and using your left hand start twisting the saran wrap around until it closes around the candy and pip cleaner.  I then added a little tape to hold it there.
 
Then you will bend the pipe cleaner so you have 1/3 on one side and 2/3's on the other.
 
Next pinch the pipe cleaner together and start wrapping from the bottom up.  You will want to cover as much of the red at the bottom as possible.
 
After a few more of these are made. . .
 
 
Bunch them together and place them in the middle of another pipe cleaner.  Fold the pip cleaner in half around the flowers and twist the ends together.  Like you are putting a twisty tie on a bag of bread.
 
You will have 2 long ends.  Next bend the ends to look like leaves and hook them onto one of the pipe cleaners in the bunch.  It does not matter where, just as long as the ends are hidden.
 
Punch two holes into the Valentine's Day note along the top.  Make sure they are only at the most 1/2" apart.  Take a long piece of white ribbon and put it through the holes so both ends are in the back of the note.  Place the card on the front of the bouquet and tie a knot with the ribbon on the back.  Get a smaller piece of ribbon and tie it in the front.  Then curl the ribbon with some scissors. 
 
Ta-Da!  A cute candy rosebud bouquet for your Valentine!


No comments:

Post a Comment