Sunday, February 9, 2014

Conversation Heart Cookies

 
These are the cookies I made for my class.  Take your favorite rolled cookie recipe and cut out hearts.  I used mini heart fondant cutters since they are small.  Then outline with royal icing.  I used royal icing that was pretty thick, but it would still heal.
The reason I used a thicker icing was so I could outline and then immediately flood.  When you do that there is no difference between the outline and flooded parts.  It will be one whole piece.
 
After letting the icing dry overnight I then took some edible markers to write some phrases.  I got some Kopykake double sides marker from a local chocolate/cake supply store.
Yes, you may notice that the icing looks a little off.  It is not bad tasting or anything, it just does not look as nice as I would like.  I used Meaghan Mountford's royal icing recipe and she has a questions and answers about her icing and I think I may have put too much water in it.  So I will make another batch and see how it works!

 

1 comment: