Sunday, February 9, 2014

Speed Friendshipping

I went to a Speed Friendshipping Activity and had signed up to bring treats.  I tried to think of friendship and Valentine's day, since that love holiday is around the corner.  I made Meaghan Mountford's shortbread cut-out cookie recipe, but I added some hazelnut flavoring.  I then used her royal icing and also made a chocolate version.
The first cookies I though it would be cute to put some letters together to spell "Hi!" and "Hey".  I cut out the individual letters and then took some of the letter cutters and cut into some of the other cookies.  That way the letters were slanted a little.  I then outlined each individual letter and let it crust over.
 
I then filled the first and last cookies and let them crust over before filling the middle.  The "Hey" cookies are just white and brown.  The "Hi!" cookies had White at the beginning, brown at the end and a marble of both in the middle.

 
The next cookie I got the idea from here.
I cut out medium hearts and then used my tiny fondant heart cutter in the middle.
 
I then outlined the outside and inside and let it crust.
 
I then filled the cookies with the chocolate royal icing and used a wet on wet technique:  I piped white icing (the same consistency as the brown) and made dots or flowers.
 
My next cookie I use a square cutter with a scalloped border.  I then took my heart fondant cutter and just made an impression into the cookie.  I did not want to make a hole, so I pushed just a little.  That way when it baked, the heart shape would be seen easily.
 
I wanted to try a Crisscross pattern on the heart.  I first piped lines from the top to the bottom.  I was not sure what would look good, so I made one really close and the other, farther away.



I then piped lines going the other way.
 


I then outlined the outside of the square cookie.
 
 
I then added a bead border around the heart.
 
I wanted to try and line border and then a bead border close together and farther apart.


 
The next cookie was a double heart.  I first piped the chocolate icing, let it dry a bit and then piped the white icing.
 
 
And here we are at the Last cookie!  I made single little hearts and outlined them in chocolate icing.  I then filled it with white icing and used the chocolate icing to pipe "Hi" while it was still wet.
 
Hope you like it!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment