Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hamburgers


So these are some brownie Hamburgers that I made.  It had actually started with a bad choice in pans.  I had baked blonde brownies in the Mini Wonder Mold Pan from Wilton.  Of course the top was too pointed so I cut it off.  But then you could see the lighter, inside color of the brownie.  That was when I decided that I would make them look more like a gourmet hamburger.  I made a pan of normal fudge brownie and cut out the "patties" with a circle cookie cutter that was close to the same width as the blond brownies.
I then made tomatoes with red chocolate.  I melted it in a Make 'n Mold squeeze bottle and pipped, on wax paper, a wagon wheel.  So a circle and then I pipped lines like I was cutting a pizza into eighths.  Then it went into the fridge to chill.
I made some butter cream frosting and divided it into thirds.  One I left white (miracle whip), one I colored orange-yellow (cheese) and the third I colored a light green (lettuce).
After cutting the blonde brownie in half so I could have a top and bottom bun, I spread white frosting on the inside of both buns.  I took the bottom bun and pipped green frosting with a small rose tip, rounded side out.  I made a wavy motion as I pipped along the edge.  Then I placed the fudge brownie on top of the green frosting.  I then used a small basket weave tip to pipe the cheese square.  Use the smooth side as opposed to the lined side.  Then the chocolate "tomato" was placed on the cheese and finally the top bun on top of that.  I then used a chef knife to cut each hamburger into fourths.

I have since then made different variations.

I used orange Starbursts for the cheese and a metal bowl for the bun for this cake

 I baked the blonde brownies in a 9X13 pan and used a PLASTIC circle cookie cutter for the hamburger bun tops and a metal cutter for the bottoms.  I found that since the plastic is not sharp is domes the brownie as it is getting cut!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment