Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Breakfast

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!
 
I was meaning to post on Valentine's Day, but I had a sick child, then a sick husband, so I have been taking care of them.
 
Here is a fun breakfast, Heart Pancakes!
I found 2 heart pancake molds and I wanted to try them out.  I also have a heart cookie cutter and wanted to compare the difference.  Here is the mold and cookie cutter.
 
The instructions for the mold is the same for the cookie cutter.  So take your favorite pancake recipe/mix and divide into different bowls.  Dye the batter with food colors.  Turn on your skillet or frying pan.  Set the mold on the pan.  When it is warm enough spray the pan and mold, making sure you get the inside sides of the mold.  Pour your batter in.  When the bubbles start to burst and you can see the pancake pull away a little on the sides, take the mold off.  Then flip the heart over just like cooking a normal pancake.  And you are done!
 
Here is the finished product.  The one on the left is the cookie cutter and the one on the right is the mold.  The mold one has a little tale on the bottom because I accidentally put too much batter in it.  That is where heart mold sides meet together.
 
Here are all the different colors.
 
I also made some chocolate batter, like the chocolate hearts you get for Valentines too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment